Tuesday, March 29, 2016
Out to the Field
Starting at 3:52 am this morning the cell phones started to ring, again at 4:04, 4:07, 4:13, 4:38, 4:39, 4:42....FINALLY, I realized that Greg's phone wasn't his alarm and so I checked my phone that was on silent and saw all the missed calls. It was a little scary wondering who in the world would be calling so many times in the middle of the night....until I listened to the voice mail--"Hey Mom, I'm at the airport getting ready to leave, just wanted to call and let you know that I love you and I miss you guys....I guess I'll talk to you guys on Mother's Day. Love ya". Reality set it, I missed THE call (the one I wasn't even really thinking would come!!!). I held my phone and just prayed that he would call again and HE DID! Yea, I got to talk to him for 16 seconds. He called again, he said he had to find coins by buying stuff and getting change! He wanted me to wake up Kaden so I hurried into Kaden's room and put the phone up to him and told him to say hi to Tanner (he doesn't remember a thing this morning ha ha). He wanted to talk to Greg so I woke Greg up and he got to talk to him for a minute. After they said goodbye, he called AGAIN! Greg and I got to talk to him for about 13 minutes that time. It was so great! He is happy, excited and ready to get out there. He did mention that his Mission President doesn't speak English and he was a little worried about that!! Now we will wait to hear that he made it safe and sound (hopefully his Mission President will send something today). We probably won't get an email until Monday!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.