Monday, April 4, 2016

TrujillOH MY GOSH!

Mi familia y amigos!  Como estan?  I hope that everything is going well for all of you.  I am doing so good.  I am so happy and so lucky to be able to be a representative of Jesus Christ.  I love it.

So, the moment you have all been waiting for....haha.  My first area is called Alta Moche.  It is a very poor place and the people are so humble.  We have a lesson with almost everyone we talk too, it's great.  My companion is a Latino and speaks zero English.  So, it's hard to talk, ha ha, but it's good.  I know the Lord has a plan and knows that I will be blessed and learn at a fast pace with this elder.  I love him.  His name is Elder Esteban and he is from Lima.  He is a good missionary and I have learned so much from him.

Anyways, about my week....I have some funny things to tell you guys.  The very first day we had a zone conference and we met all of the new elders in the zone.  We have to take these buses everywhere and there was a lady with her daughter sitting right in front of me, everything was going all good, until she started breastfeeding right in front of me!  It took everything I had to not start laughing....but I guess I have to get used to that!  It is normal here...we have had multiple lessons where Momma Bear just starts feeding her kids right in front of us, but yeah, it was a little odd!  The people here literally have nothing.  I have been humbled.  All of you back at home,  have no idea how easy and good we have it.  I love this experience--I'm so lucky to be here and experience this life.

The highlight of my week was definitely Conference.  I testify to all of you that Prophets are truly called of God.  I know it.  I felt the Spirit so strongly.  I had so many of my prayers answered and it was so comforting and motivating to me as a missionary.  Something that really stood out to me that I want to share with all of you is that we are so blessed to have and I don't think any of us realize how truly blessed we really are......that is to hear the Prophet's actual voice.....that is something these people don't have.  It taught me to listen to the tone of their voices and the emotion they have.  It makes the Spirit so much more powerful.  We are truly blessed.

Anyways, family and friends, I want you to know that I love each and every one of you.  I testify that this church is true.  It is guided by prophets and we are all a part of the most amazing church.  I know prayers are answered and I know God is always there for us and it's up to us to invite Him into our lives.  We have agency and it's up to us to utilize all that is there for us.  Use the Atonement everyday and I promise you will be happier and have increased faith.  Have a good week!

In his email correspondence with Denise:

Yes, we do have a toilet and it's normal, luckily (ha ha we joked with him that he wouldn't have a toilet!!).  We have power and it's a pretty nice room for this area.  I am in an area that can be dangerous.  In fact, last night there was like a big dance thing going on across the street and I went to bed and my comp said he woke up to gun shots and sirens at about 11:00 pm.  I didn't hear anything---I'm fearless here because I know the Lord has my back.  You don't have to worry about anything!  (We asked if he gets fed often) Yeah we do---we eat more rice than the Chinese, holy cow!  I'm going to eat guinea pig tomorrow!!  When asked if he ever felt homesick Sometimes I get down, but I know it is Satan and I know it is a process that I need to go through.  I'm all good...I just need to get over myself and be more humble at  times. I'm doing awesome though, you guys don't need to worry about anything.  When asked how the people reacted to the announcement of a new Temple in Peru They all freaked out, it was cool!  The Trujillo Temple is beautiful.  I get to go in a week or two, I think.  I'm going into Central Trujillo today--I tried to send pics but this computer is stupid :-)!

Mom, I love you!   I'm thankful for your example.  I don't know how you do it.  You are the biggest blessing in our family and are such a good example of hard work.  I hope you know that you motivate me to work hard everyday.  I'm so thankful for you and I pray for you every day.  Keep being amazing and always find opportunities to be a missionary.  You will see miracles, I promise!  Have a good week, I love you!

Love,
Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.