Monday, October 17, 2016

The Still, Small Voice

What's up everybody!  I hope and pray that you all had a good week!  First off, I wanna give a birthday shout out to my brother and one of my best friends, Zach!  I'm so thankful for the example he has always set for me and the relationship that we have.  I hope you have a good day, my man.  I love ya, bro!

Anyways, I had a pretty good week.  The only down side from this week is that the water heater for the shower broke again so I'm back going penquin status doing the ALS ice bucket challenge every morning ha ha!  It's terrible, hopefully they can fix it this week.

This week was really good.  I learned a lot and was able to strengthen my testimony of the power of prayer.  We worked a lot with our progressing investigators and with members this week and made it so we had low numbers.  Which is okay because we are getting to know the members a lot better and they are starting to help us more.  Yesterday, we needed five more new investigators to reach the goal we had.  Before we left to proselyte, we said a prayer to be guided to a family that has been prepared to hear the Gospel of Jesus Christ.  While we were proselyting, Elder Choque had an impression that we needed to visit Ivan.  We weren't planning on visiting him because we had had a lesson with him on Saturday.  We went and shared a quick message with him and then asked him if he knew anyone that we could share the gospel with.  He took us to his next door neighbor and it was a family of four.  We got in there and I literally felt the spirit so strong.  I know we needed to be there at that time.  One of the members of the family was sick and we had the opportunity to give her a blessing.  I was so humbled by that experience.  I know that the Lord was aware of this family and we were guided to them.  Later we were able to find another investigator and we were able to complete our goal!  I'm amazed at how real and how aware God is of all of His children.  I know He lives and I know He hears and answers our prayers.  We just have to listen to the small promptings and follow them.  I'm thankful that Elder Choque was able to follow the impression that he had from the spirit.

I'm thankful for that experience that I had.  That was the highlight of my week.  I'm going into the last week of the change this week and I'm pretty sure that I'm bouncing this change.  I'll keep you guys updated and let you know what happens next week.  I hope and pray that you all have a good week.  I invite you all to pray to have a missionary experience this week.  I know as you do so, the Lord will guide you and prepare you to have an opportunity that will allow you to help someone else who doesn't have the gospel in their lives.  God won't deny you from having a spiritual experience...you just have to listen to that still, small voice and act on your promptings.  I know you will be blessed.

I love you guys and I'll talk to you next week!

Con MUCHISIMO amor,

Elder Johnsoncito

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.