Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Trujillo Temple

What's up everybody?  I'm sorry I wasn't able to email you on Monday.  We had the blessing to go to the temple today, so our p day changed to today this week.  The Trujillo Temple is unreal.  It was the prettiest temple.  As I walked in the temple for the first time in seven months, I felt the Spirit so strong.  There is no way I could ever deny that the temple truly is the house of the Lord.  I love it and I'm so thankful for the experience I was able to have today.

I had a pretty good week.  First off, Naomi was married and baptized this weekend!  I'm so happy for her and her family.  It truly is a miracle that she was baptized.  she had been taking the lessons from the missionaries for years and rejected multiple baptismal invitations. I will never forget the day when she walked in the door and told us that she made the decision that she was going to be baptized.  I learned so much from that experience.  Most of all, I learned that the Lord never gives up on any of us and is patient with every single one of us.  I'm so thankful for that knowledge.  I know that Naomi was prepared by angels and was able to make the changes in her life that are necessary to make covenants with our Father in Heaven.

Another blessing from this week was being able to recognize that truly as missionaries, we represent Jesus Christ and we are set apart to teach with power and authority.  We were led to a family of 14 this week who recently had a family member die.  I will never forget the feeling I had in that room with this family that was mourning the death of their brother.  A family that doesn't know where their brother is and if they would be able to see him again.  We were filled with the Spirit and I know we told the family what the Lord wanted them to hear.  I know that this is the work of the Lord and that He works through all of His servants.  At the end of the lesson, the mom told me thank you so much for that message-this was the first time since my son passed away that I have been at peace.  I can't describe to you through email how spiritual this experience was.  I am so humbled to have the calling that I do.  To teach others about this beautiful, perfect gospel that is the biggest blessing in my life.  I could never deny the testimony that I have of this gospel.  It's true!

Elder Juarez and Elder Johnson




Anyways, this is all for this week.  I hope and pray that you all have a good week filled with spiritual experiences.  I love you guys!

Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.