Monday, April 24, 2017

Si Te Vas Yo Tamien Me Voy

Hey everybody!  I had a good week this week.  I was able to learn a lot and strengthen my testimony, which I am really grateful for.  To start out, Manuel didn't get baptized this week.  We were looking for him every single day and he wouldn't answer phone calls, his door or anything.  We were pretty sad thinking that he just bailed on everything and didn't want to continue in this process.  Finally, on Saturday, we were able to contact him and have a really spiritual experience.  He first thanked us for the patience that we showed throughout this week and not giving up on him.  He still isn't 100 percent sure on everything so he told us he wasn't ready....which is good because with more time he will be able to become more converted and stay active in the church, which is the whole purpose.

In the lesson, he and his girlfriend, Sara, were there and we gave them some things to read.  They did and we asked them what they learned and what thoughts had come to their mind.  Sara brought up a topic that had nothing to do with what they read and we weren't able to continue with what we had planned.  She grew up in a house learning about the bible so she has a lot of knowledge of the bible and questions everything we teach her.  When we were about to start, she told us she still wasn't sure why we keep the Sabbath Day holy on Sunday and not Saturday.  We explained to her why and then for the next half hour, Manuel's family and everyone started trying to explain why with scriptures and everything.  I just remember I was chilling there in silence and I didn't feel the spirit at all.  I know the spirit was not there at that time and while I sat there in silence, I felt the impression to talk about the apostasy.  I acted on that impression and changed what seemed to be a political debate, into a really spiritual experience that I know had an impact on them.

It doesn't matter how much knowledge anybody has, or how good somebody is at explaining themselves, if the spirit isn't present, we are nothing.  I learned a lot from that experience and I'm thankful for the strength that I received.

So changes were yesterday and I'm bouncing to Viru with my new companion, Elder Ochoa!  I'm super pumped to go to Viru and fulfill what the Lord has called me to do.  I'm sad to leave my area.  I met some people that have been such a big impact on my life.  I learned a lot from Elder Luna that has allowed me to progress and become a better person and missionary.

I love you all so much.  I hope you have a good week.

Con mucho amor,

Elder Johnson

Email to Mom (he writes her in Spanish because she can understand it!):

Hola mama!  Estoy bien agradecido para poder hablar con usted hoy dia!  Siempre me alegra cuando leo las cartas de mi familia los lunes.  Me siento tranquilo por la familia Broadbent, se que el plan de salvacion es real y que nuestro padre celestial tiene  un plan para ellos.  Tambien se que son preparados espiritualmente para enfrontar esa prueba.

Bueno, manana me voy a mi area nuevo, Viru, con el Elder Ochoa.  Le conozco entonces estoy animado.  Voy a aprender mucho de el y estoy agradecido con mi Padre Celestial para permitirme servir con el en este momento.  Tambien voy como lider de distrito.  Estoy preparado y se que voy a progresar espiritualmente.

Espero que tenga una buena semana.  Busca el gozo en todas las cosas.  La vida es maravillosa y mucho mas maravillosa cuando vivimos los principios del evangelio.  Le amo bastante mama.

Un abrazo

Elder Johnsoncito

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.