Monday, June 27, 2016

New Companion-Elder Choque

Buenos Dias mi familia y mis amigasos!  Espero que todos estén legales y que hayan tenido un BUENASO semana.  I have had a good week.  I have been super humbled and have learned so much.

At the beginning of this week, I'm going to be honest, I was straight up nervous.  I was so nervous to lead the area because I had no confidence in my Spanish, but it turned out to be one of the best weeks in my mission.  My new companion, Elder Choque, is a G!!!  I have learned so much from him.  He's a really good teacher and he brings a strong spirit into the lessons, which I'm really thankful for.

On our first day together, we were walking on the street and we saw some dude (who I think was a Jehovah's Witness) straight up giving this lady a blessing and casting out an evil spirit on the side of the road, ha ha ha, we were walking and heard him yelling saying things like "DIABLO, SALE" and other things like that, it was super funny!

So on Friday, some elders in the zone had a baptism and we were going around to our investigators to invite them and we were walking all over our GRANDASO area.  As we were walking back to our room, we found Wilson walking home from work.  We invited him and he CAME!!  For me that is huge because nobody is progressing here, nobody attends church or anything, but he went to the baptism and felt the spirit so strong.  I was so thankful for that experience.  I know that because we were working diligently and faithfully we were blessed with that tender mercy.  I know with faith and real intent we can do all things!

I'm so happy with how things are going right now.  My Spanish is getting a lot better and things are starting to pick up here in La Florida.

I hope that you all have a good week!  I love and miss you all and pray for you every single day.  Hasta Luego!!

Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.