Monday, June 20, 2016

Relleno de Sangre

BUENOS DIAS! I hope that everything is BACANASO back in the 435 an din the missions of my bros all over the world.  First off, I want to give a Father's Day shout out to my Dad.  I was thinkin about you here in TrujillOH MY GOSH!  I hope you had a good day!

So first things first....this week I ate CUY  (guinea pig) for the first time.  I was pretty sketched because I only know those things as pets and next thing I know, I was eating one for dinner.  It didn't taste bad, it was just hard for me to get over the fact that I was eating a guinea pig.  I've eaten some pretty weird stuff here on my mission.  The grossest thing I have eaten has got to be Relleno de Sangre.  It looked like cut up sausage so I took a huge bite and to my surprise, after I ate it, they told me it was fried blood.  It was DISGUSTING.

So, this week on Tuesday we got to go to the temple!  It was so good to be at the temple.  I won't ever forget the feeling I had as I walked on the temple grounds.  The Spirit was so strong.  However, we didn't get to do a session.  One of the zone leaders recommend had expired so they left early in the morning so he could get an interview and the plan was to meet them at the temple.  While we were waiting we were in the distribution center and when the ZL's got there, they didn't see anyone so they assumed we were already inside and went into the session.  We ended up waiting for them to finish their session.  We ended up not being able to go...it was too bad, but I was able to do other ordinances so it was still awesome, just not what I was expecting. I'm so thankful for the temple and for the spirit that is there.

So, on Thursday Elder Miller left to the offices and goes home tomorrow.  I'm going to miss him, we were bros and I learned a lot from him.  That being said, my new companion is Elder Choque from Arequipa, Peru.  He just finished training an Elder from my group and will be the new district leader.  He is going to be a G and we're going to get some work done here in La Florida.  He will get here tomorrow so I'll send photos next week.  I have been mobbin' with Elder Jensen from Kaysville and Elder Callejas de Lima since Thursday.  It has been a good time, they're studs!

Anyways, that was all I got for this week.  I hope that you all have a good week.  Dad and Kaden be safe in Chicago watching the Cardinals beat the Cubs ha ha!  I hope you guys have fun.  Have a good week everyone, I love you guys!

Hermana, Elder Jensen and Elder Johnson







Con amor,
Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.