Monday, January 16, 2017

Trabajemos Hoy en la Obra Del Senor

I have been humbled this week to trabajar en la obra del senor!  We saw a lot of miracles this week.  I know that Jesus Christ leads and guides this marvelous missionary work.  This week I had the opportunity to go on interchanges with my old companion, Elder Salazar.  He is the man--we were laughing the whole day.  I wish he was my companion now that I can actually understand him!  I learned a lot from him.  I have been so blessed in my mission to have good leaders to learn from.

Thursday was a really good day.  We had a training with all of the newbs and all of the trainers.  Basically, I just got to chill with my best bros, Elder Stroud, Elder Benitez, and Elder Henao.  The training was unreal though.  President taught the Plan of Salvation and broke it down with sooo much doctrine.  That dude is a wizard.  Seriously, my mind got blown.  I learned so much to help make me a better missionary.

So, last week, I told you a little bit about Jairo.  Last week, on Sunday, he had to go to Chiclayo because something happened to his daughter.  He was there most of the week, but on Thursday he called us right when he got home and told us to go over and visit him.  We went over and taught him the Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.  It was such a spiritual experience.  I know, without a doubt in my mind, that the Lord has prepared him to receive His restored gospel.  After we taught everything, he said, "Elderes, I know that what you are telling me is true.  I have never felt a peace like this in my life."  He bore his testimony and told us he wants to be baptized.  We invited him to be baptized on the 4th of February!!  Keep him in your prayers that everything will go through.

Now to end, I want to share something with you that I have been thinking a lot about this whole week.  I was thinking about the introduction of the Book of Mormon and Moroni 10:3-5.  These are two invitations that invite us to ponder the things which we have read. Then it invites us to pray to the Eternal Father, in the name of His Son, Jesus Christ, and then there is a promise that as we do all of these things with a sincere heart, the truth will be manifested unto us by the power of the Holy Ghost.  This invitation isn't there for those who are hearing about the Book of Mormon for the first time.  This invitation is for everyone and we MUST apply it in our lives daily.  As we do this, there is a guaranteed spiritual experience that will give us protection.  The Book of Mormon is not the key to our religion for no reason!  There is an instant connection to heaven.  I promise all of you as you apply this invitation in your lives daily, the atonement of Jesus Christ will become a bigger part of your life, you will understand it more fully and you will find joy in all things.  I know that the Savior lives.  We live in the last days.  We must prepare ourselves.  We are the army of God and have something that nobody else has.

I love you guys and pray that you all have a good week.  Talk to you next week!

Elder Johnson


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.