Monday, January 23, 2017

Upcoming Baptisms

Hey everyone!  Another week has come and gone, time goes so fast!  It is crazy.  I'm so thankful to be here on my mission and witness miracles of the Lord.  I know He knows all of us personally and has a perfect plan for all of us.  I feel really content right now with how things are going in our area.  We are really starting to see results.  We have 3 baptisms planned for February.  Their names are Jairo, Juliani, and Guadalupe.  Pray for them!

This week we had some awesome lessons.  Juliani and her daughter Guadalupe really want to be baptized.  Juliani is married to a man named Yanco.  About two years ago, she got married and she got baptized.  Everything was great until the Sunday following her baptism, the Stake President called and said that there was a problem with the divorce with Yanco and his old wife so Juliani couldn't be confirmed a member of the church.  She got really upset and here we are two years later and nothing has changed because it is super expensive for them to divorce.  On Friday, we had one of the most spiritual lessons with them.  We have been teaching them for about two weeks because their daughter, Guadalupe, wants to be baptized.  We were focusing on her, but we changed the focus and invited Juliani to be baptized the same day as her daughter.  She was surprised, but I know that as I invited her, my words were guided by the spirit.  I felt the spirit so strongly and promised them if they put the Lord first and searched the kingdom of God before the needs of every day live, they would never lack food on the table and they will have opportunities to earn more money.  I am amazed at the truthfulness of this gospel.  This is the work of the Lord.  I'm so humbled to be a representative of Him.

I don't have much more to say this week.  I hope and pray that all of you have a good week.  Do the little things and you will be blessed!  I love you guys!

Mis patas (my buddies/pals)


Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.