Hey everybody! I had a pretty good week. Pretty slow, but I had some good experiences. It has been blazing hot this week and has been hard getting into houses so basically we went pioneer status the whole week. I literally felt like I was on trek all over again, ha ha, but it was good. I had some spiritual experiences.
To start out, earlier this week on Tuesday, we were walking all over the place contacting references when we felt the impression to go visit our investigator, Mario. As we were walking, I felt impressed to take a route that we don't normally take and as we entered the street, we saw Jairo mobbin on his bike selling ice cream. I know for a fact that we were guided by the Lord and were placed in his path. We have been looking for him for more than three weeks and we were able to get his new information from him. He doesn't live in our area, but we were able to pass the reference to the Elders in the other mission. I was humbled by that experience. I know that that was a miracle of the Lord, I know it was not a coincidence. He also told us that he was going to go to church and he showed up to Sacrament and then had to go. I have faith that everything will follow through and that he will be able to get baptized.
After that experience, we were walking to visit Guadalupe and her family. We were standing in front of the door and this dude came up and started talking to me in English. He told us that he was a member but has been less active for years. As I was talking to him, I saw my convert from Chimbote, Noemi, waving to me across the street. She came and talked to me for a few minutes. I was thankful for that experience. Even though it wasn't that significant, it was a sign to me that God is aware of me. I haven't had any contact information for her so I was asking the Assistants what I could do to get in touch with her and then two days later, the Lord placed her in my path.
Later that same day, at about 8:15, we felt another impression to go back and visit Guadalupe and her family. We went back and this time they were there. We got in and started talking to Yanko and he started to cry. He said that the trials he is going through keep getting worse. He has a lot of debts to pay off and they have very little in their house. He doesn't go to church every week because he works in his taxi so he can pay off his debts. He was crying because he said he crashed his car and they have no way to pay the bills. I know we were inspired to be there to help lift him up. We shared a message with him and I know that we said and did what the Lord Himself would have done if He were here. I was guided in my words and I know that he received comfort and hope as we were in his house. I testify and know that the Lord works through His missionaries.
I am thankful for the opportunity I have had to represent my Savior this week. I know He lives!
Elder Johnson
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.