Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Un Ano

Quizas no tenga yo que cruzar montanas ni ancho mar, quizas no sea a lucha cruel qu Cristo me quiera enviar.  Mas si El me llama a sendas que yo nunca camine, confiando en El, le dire Senor, a donde me mandes, ire.  A donde me mandes ire senor, a montanas o islas del mar.  Dire lo que quieras que diga, Senor, y lo que Tu quieras, sere. (Hymn, I'll Go Where You Want Me To Go)

What a blessing it has been to be in the service of my God this past year.  It has been the biggest blessing and greatest joy in my life.  I have come to know the Savior so personally and have received a witness that I could never deny.

I feel full of the spirit today.  I had one of the best weeks of my mission this past week--full of miracles and tender mercies of the Lord.  To start out, on Wednesday, we were starting the day and we were walking to visit this reference that we received and as we were walking, I saw this old guy dressed in all white.  The thought came into my mind of the baptismal clothing and I had the impression to go and talk to this man.  Before I could act on the impression I received, he called us over to talk to him and he told us that he has heard a lot about our church and would like to learn more.  I was overcome by the spirit.  As he said that, I knew that we were guided by the Lord to find this man.  As we were talking to him, he told us that we are the true representatives of the Lord, Jesus Christ.  I testified of his words and then told him about the experience I had before he called us over to talk to him.  We weren't able to get a return visit because he leaves a lot, so we will hopefully be able to meet with him this week.

After that experience, on Friday, I was on interchanges with Elder Rodriquez and we had a lesson with an investigator named Pamela.  Pamela and her husband just got to Trujillo from Iquitos and her new job has a rule that the first year, the new people have to work the weekends for a year.  She told us that it would be impossible to go to church for 6 more months.  When she told us that, I knew that everything would work out.  We promised her, in the name of Jesus Christ, that if she would pray and ask for guidance, God would make it possible so that she could go to church.  I shared with her Alma 37:17 and promised her that our invitation and promise came directly from the Lord.  It was one of the strongest times I have ever felt the spirit and I knew she felt it as well....because she went to church on Sunday!  That experience confirmed to me that this truly is the work of the Lord and that He can make the impossible possible.

On Saturday, we had the baptism of Guadalupe.  I'm so thankful that she made the decision to be baptized.  I know that through the spirit that we felt through teaching her and her family the lessons, will help her dad get back into the church and her mom will also follow the example of Jesus Christ and be baptized.  Little kids have the strongest spirits and testimonies.  I am so happy for her and her family.




I know my Savior lives.  I love Him and would do anything for Him.  This Gospel is marvelous.  It has power to change lives and I can testify of that because it has changed mine. I promise to give the Lord everything that I have in this last year to be a missionary and a personal representative of Him.

I love you all.  I hope and pray that you all have a good week!


Time to burn a tie--one year (yes, that is a LA Dodgers tie hee hee)






Elder Johnson


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.