Buenas tardes mi estimada familia! I hope that you all had a good week and that you were able to see the hand of the Lord in your everyday life. I had a really good week. I'm thankful to be here on my mission and to represent my Savior, Jesus Christ. This week Elder Arevalo and I focused a bunch on visiting and following up with investigators that we have had for quite a while and also with the members. As we have been doing that, we have been able to see great progress in the work.
We have been working a lot with Felipe and Irma. They are super sick, they are so prepared. It has been amazing to see the change in them as we have HELPED them complete with their commitments. I have a strong testimony that if we use all of the instruments that the Lord has blessed us with,He will do His part and He will make things happen. Felipe and Irma, as I told you last week, have a baptismal date for the 1st of July. They told us that they might even want to be baptized before then! Keep them in your prayers!
Aside from them, I had an experience this week that caught my attention. On Friday, I was on interchanges with Elder Elliott and we went and contacted this reference that we got from a less active. We went to visit her and she was telling us what she wants more than anything is to be happy. I could see in her face and her body language that she is in desperate need of the gospel. She showed a great desire and interest in what we were teaching and I know she felt the spirit of the Lord. As we left, I thought about her and I thought about Section 79 in the Doctrine and Covenants and the sacredness of my calling and responsibility of my calling. In Section 79, it says:
VERILY I say unto you, that it is my will that my servant (Elder Johnson) should go to Peru, from place to place and from city to city, in the power of the ordination wherewith I have been ordained, proclaiming GLAD TIDINGS OF GREAT JOY, even the everlasting gospel.
And I will send up him the Comforter, which shall teach him the truth and the way whither he shall go.
And inasmuch as he is faithful, I will crown him again with sheaves.
Wherefore, let your heart be glad, my servant Elder Johnson, and fear not, saith your Lord, even Jesus Christ.
As I thought about this section, and applied it to myself, I was able to receive great guidance from the Lord. I know that what we as members have in our lives is greater than anything that the world has to offer. There is no other place where we can find GLAD TIDINGS OF GREAT JOY, than in the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I love the gospel and I know that I have been set apart by His authority to bring others this happy news.
I love you guys so much! Have a good week!
Elder Johnson
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.