Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Cuando Hay Amor

What's up everybody?  I hope that you all had a good week!  I had a really good week.  It was super fast, as usual, but it was really good with so many blessings!  To start everything out, I want to share a spiritual experience that I had last Monday.  After I wrote home, my companion, Elder Ibarra and I felt super motivated to work hard.  As we left, we set goals and told ourselves that we were going to go ham this week.  After we said a prayer to start the night, we left and we were going to go visit Felipe and Irma to see how they were doing.  As we were walking, I saw this lady that I had talked to once before, just briefly.  The spirit told me to go talk to her, so we went and talked to her.

Her name is Emely and she is going through a ton of problems.  She invited us into her house and she began to break down into tears telling us about her story and everything that she has to deal with.  she told us that she is so low in life and that she even is suicidal and doesn't know what the point of being here is if all she does is go through problems without happiness in her life.  My companion testified to her and shared a personal experience of his that was super powerful.  As he shared that story and as we talked about the restoration, we could see a great change in her face.  It was as if all of the problems that she was going through were forgotten about and she just felt peace and happiness.  As we were talking to her, the spirit whispered in my heart to sing Cuando Hay Amor.  We sang a hymn and I was filled with the spirit.  I testify that the gospel has power to bring us happiness.  I know that it doesn't matter what we go through in this life or how hard our problems truly are, the atonement and the gospel of Jesus Christ apply to everyone.

Aside from that, something that has really been on my mind this week is desire.  I have found that in my personal studies in the Book of Mormon, the word desire has stood out to me so much.  I know that we are blessed according to our desires and our willingness to act upon them.  As Dallin H. Oaks said, "Every great spiritual experience begins with desire."  I am a witness of that and know that it is true.  I love you all so much and hope that you have a good safe week.

Elder Johnsoncito

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.