Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Two Johnsons in the Mission Field

Hi everybody!  I hope and pray that you all had a good week.  First off, I am honored to be in the mission field alongside my main homie, ELDER JOHNSON!  Welcome to the Big Leagues!  I honestly am super hyped for this experience, I know it will be one of the most special experiences that I, as well as my family, will ever experience.  I am thankful for you and your example, Elder Johnson.

On another note, I want to wish a happy pioneer birthday to my little sister, Brynn!  You have had me thinkin' all day about how awesome trek was 4 years ago.  I'm sure you are feeling super happy that you were able to go on trek less than a month ago!  You are blessed!  Haha nah Brynney!  I hope you have a happy birthday!  I'm jealous that you get to watch fireworks tonight.  I want you to know that I love you and that you are so special to me.

Anyways, I had a lot of spiritual experiences this week.  I feel really thankful to be a representative of Jesus Christ this week.  I feel a great change in me that I could never explain.  I know the gospel is true.  So this week, we had a lesson with this dude named Eduardo Araujo.  he is a G.  He is from the Sierra and is living here alone for work.  We were able to have a lesson with him this week and it was one of the strongest moments that I have ever felt the spirit.  It strengthened my testimony so much of the restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ here on earth.  I know that we truly were instruments in the hands of the Lord at that time.  We invited him to be baptized for the 26 of August.  Pray for him.

Yesterday, the district presidency in Viru, did an activity that had a great impact on me that I want to share with you guys.  They had recent converts and less active members write them letters and then had someone from the congregation read the testimony of someone else.  It was honestly so powerful.  I could feel the power in every single testimony.  It made me think that all of us have our own conversion story that has power to have a great impact on other people.  I know that sharing our testimonies is a responsibility that all of us have as members of the church.  I invite all of you to do the same and write your testimonies on a sheet of paper and give it to someone to read.  I know it has power.  The spirit testifies of all truths.  He has power to change lives and He works through us.  I promise you all you will feel the presence of the spirit more as you go throughout your days.  God and Jesus Christ live.  I know it.  I am a witness and I see the truthfulness of them and this gospel daily.

I love you all and hope that you have a good week.  Let the spirit guide you!

Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.