Monday, January 8, 2018

Tommy Mons

Hey everybody!  I hope you all had a good week.  My week was alright.  It made me pretty sad to hear that my boy, Tommy Mons, died.  He was the man.  As I have thought about everything, I remember growing up hearing that my generation and the generation of all of the youth is a chosen generation.  He was preordained to be called as a Prophet in the time he served.  I feel honored to have been called by him to serve a mission and also to have been able to see him in person and feel of the Spirit that was present in the Conference Center when I saw him.  I love him.  It is sad that he is gone, but one of the signs that this is Christ's church is that He will call a new Prophet and the work will move on.

So, this week was pretty average honestly.  The people here in Casma don't want anything to do with the truth.  We have had a hard time finding lately because literally, nobody will let us in their homes.  It's alright though.  We are still working and we will see the blessings from that.  We are planning on having two baptisms this month.  I feel pretty solid and confident about that.  Carlitos and Victor are progressing pretty well so we will see how everything goes at the end of the month.  Pray for them

The bad part of this week was that I got sick and threw up for the first time in my whole mission!  I was heated, I thought I was about to mob back home without throwing up, but what can I do!  Peru got to me.  It was good though.  I thought of my Savior, Jesus Christ and all that He suffered with so much love.  All of the little things that we go through in this life have been conquered by the Son of God.  I love Him and know He lives.  His atonement is real and has power to heal ANY wound.

I love you all and hope you have a good week!

My homies from the hood en el Mirador

Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.