Monday, August 1, 2016

By Small Means Great Things Come

MI FAMILIA Y MIS AMIGASOS!  I hope and pray that you all had a good week.  I'm so thankful for the opportunity that I have to hear from you guys today.  Weeks go so fast!  I feel literally like I'm talking to you every other day!  It's crazy!

I have to start out by saying this week I ate Tokush.  It's fermented potatoes and it tasted like....straight dog poop!  It was disgusting.  I don't know why I ate it because everyone has always told me how rancid it is, but I figured I can't come to Peru and not try it.  I'm glad I got that out of the way!

This week, we had changes!  I have been sketched out all week because I didn't want to leave my area.  I have been here four months so I felt like the chances of me leaving were pretty high, but we got the call last night and I'm staying here with Elder Choque.  I'm so pumped!  Elder Choque is a wizard with the Bible and Book of Mormon.  I have learned a lot from him so I'm super happy that I have six more weeks here.  I'm also pretty hyped because all of my bros in the zone are staying so this change is going to be sick!

So aside from changes and that huge stress relief, this week was pretty good.  It was pretty slow, but we gave everything we could to the Lord.  That's what the mission is all about.  If you do everything you can and give everything you can to the Lord, that's when the miracles come and when you get to know the mysteries of God.  It humbles you and all you can do is put your trust in the Lord.  It has brought us closer to the Lord and I'm thankful for that.

Hermana Lucy is still progressing.  We're working with her and helping her gain a testimony of the Book of Mormon.  I have seen a great change in her.  The Book of Mormon truly has the power to change lives and I'm so blessed to be able to testify of it's truth every single day.  With all of my confidence in the Lord, I know that Lucy will be baptized soon.

I'm so thankful to be a missionary.  I truly am so humbled that I get to put my name tag on every single day and testify of the truth of this gospel.  I know that God is a God of miracles and if we give our hearts to him, he will turn us into the person who HE wants us to be, not what WE want to be.  I want to share a part of a scripture that I have been thinking about this week.  It says, "And thus we see that by small means the Lord can bring about great things"  I testify of the truthfulness of that scripture.  I know that by doing the little things the Lord can bring to pass great things and turn us into the person He wants us to be.

I testify that this is the work of the Lord.  We are in the last days and are a part of the most amazing work on the earth.  I love my mission and am thankful to have the support of all of you.  I hope that you all have a good week and do the little things with faith.  I love you guys!!

Hermana Lucy, Luana, Elder Choque and Elder Johnson

Luana and Elder Johnson


Con MUCHO amor,
Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.