Monday, August 15, 2016

Six Months This Week

Buenas Tardes mi familia!  I hope that all of you guys had a good week and that everything is todo legal in the 435.  Everything is all good here in Chimbote.  I had a pretty good week.

First off, we have been working with a less active couple ever since I got here in Chimbote.  Their names are Edwin and Priscila.  Edwin has been a member since 2000 and has been a less active for over 10 years.  He has come a long way!!  This Sunday he was reactivated!!  It was a cool experience to see him take the sacrament for the first time in over ten years.  The spirit was so strong for me.

Something I have learned through the experience of working with them is the power of doing the little things and inviting the Lord into our lives.  The promise of doing the little things isn't that we won't have problems in life.  The promise is--when we have problems in our life, we can have peace-we can have hope and no matter what the problem may be--we can feel the love of the Savior.  That is all we need.  It has honestly been awesome to see the change in him and his wife by doing these things.

As for Lucy, it was hard to contact her again this week.  She has been super busy so we haven't been able to work with her very much.  She went to church again and is progressing.  It has just been hard to get in contact with her.  She is going to Lima again this week so hopefully we will be able to visit with her sometime this week.

That was my week!  I can't believe I'm at 6 months this week!  Time has gone so fast and I have loved every second of my mission.  The good times and the bad.  I have learned so much and have had experiences that I am eternally grateful for.  I love and miss you guys so much!  I hope you have a good week!

Elder Johnson

P.S. Happy Birthday NANO!!  I hope you have a good day, love you!

From an email to Denise:
"Sounds like everything has been going good.  An update on the Spanish, because I know you will be interested to hear about my level of Spanish at 6 months.  I understand just about everything and can say almost everything I want, but it still isn't perfect.  I have a long way to go, but I feel solid.  I bet I will be fluent at about a year.  That is normal for most missionaries.  I love and miss you guys so much!  I pray for you guys everyday.  Take advantage of this school year with Brynn and Kaden because next year Kaden will be on the mish!!  I'm so pumped for that!!  Anyways, Mom, I love you-have a good week"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.