Monday, August 22, 2016

Home is a Temple

Elder Johnson's emails will be coming in the afternoon now--between 2:30 and 3:00 our time.  They had some rule changes for their P days.

BUENAS TAAAARDES Everybody!  I hope that you all had a good week and that everyone is doing good.  I hope that you guys had a good summer while it lasted, oh my goodness, I can't believe how fast summer went.  I can't believe Kaden is going to be a Senior and that Brynney is going to be a Freshman!  That is crazy!

I had a pretty good week.  We worked hard and had a lot of success in our area.  We found a lot of new people to work with and had some really good lessons.

This week we had a lesson with a kid named Diego.  Diego is 19 years old and is preparing to be a priest in his church.  He told us that to become a priest is a ten year process.  With tons of studies, tests and things like that to prepare them to be a priest.  Diego has a lot of knowledge of the Bible and was asking us tons of questions and honestly, I just didn't feel the spirit in this lesson.  He was asking tons of crazy questions that we didn't have exact answers too and he was just telling us his opinions about things and the way he interprets some of the verses.  We started talking about the Book of Mormon and testified that the Book of Mormon contains the fullness of the gospel.  He went on to tell us that one of his friends' grandmas gave him a Book of Mormon a while back and that he read parts of it and he told us that he knows that it's true.  When he told us that, I literally felt my body be overcome by the spirit.  I remember I felt such peace and a heart full of gratitude.  When I was sitting there, I heard these words in the most humble and still small voice, "it's true".  This experience was really special to me because I learned a lot.  Not only was it another testament to me that the Book of Mormon is true, but I learned that the spirit is always there to testify of truth.  We have to humble ourselves and just listen to that still small voice.

I really felt like I needed to share that tender mercy with you guys today.  If any of you are struggling with your testimonies, I invite you to read the introduction of the Book of Mormon and apply the invitation to your lives.  I testify with all of my heart that the Book of Mormon is true and has the power to change lives.  God has promised us to do His part, but it's up to us to do ours.

I had another experience this week that I feel like I need to share with you guys.  We had stake conference yesterday and the President of the Trujillo Temple and his wife spoke about temples.  They were talking about D&C 88:119 and how the temple is a house of prayer, a house of fasting, a house of faith, a house of learning, a house of glory, a house of order and a house of God.  They went on talking about the spirit that comes from the temple and how essential it is in our lives to go often.  After they said that, they asked everyone about their homes.  That question, I want to ask all of you guys.  Is your house, a house of prayer?  A house of fasting?  A house of faith? A house of glory?  A house of order?  A house of God?  A house of love?

I testify that the home is a temple.  Everything starts in the home.  I promise you that this is a necessity in these crazy times that we live in.

This is all I've got for today.  I felt really impressed to share these things with you guys.  I pray that you have a good week and make the Lord a part of your lives.  I testify that the Lord lives, He knows each of you personally and loves you so much.

Have a good week.  I love you!

From an email he sent to Greg:
I am loving my mission. This area is hard, but I'm learning a lot.  We went out with our Bishop yesterday and we were talking with him and he was like, "Elders, you know what?  I know you guys are supposed to be here for a reason.  You guys are the best missionaries that La Florida has had in the longest time and I know that you guys will start seeing success".  It was good to hear.  We work hard and do everything we can.  I'm thankful to have yours and Zach's examples.  I'm blessed!  I hope you have a good week, Dad...I love you!

Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.