Last week on Saturday, we had a goal to find 4 new investigators that day. We had three at the time and went to our pension to see if they had any references. They gave us a reference and we contacted them and she wasn't there. As we were walking back, this guy who was drunk out of his mind, stopped and started talking to us. He was saying how he wants to hear the word of God and to come back a different day when he wasn't drunk--ha ha. So, we went back on Tuesday and we came in contact with his brother, Fernando. Fernando said, "don't listen to my brother, he just wants to mock you guys so don't bother coming to see him....but you can talk to me." We had a lesson with him and gave him a Book of Mormon and invited him to Ivan's baptism. He didn't come to the baptism, but we were walking to a member's house today and we saw him. He said, "Johnson, I've read 16 chapters of 1 Nephi" Then he told us sorry that he didn't go to the baptism. He said he didn't go because he didn't have the clothes that it says to wear in the back of the pamphlet that we gave him.
I was humbled by that experience. I know that he is prepared. I know that on Saturday last week, we were put in that situation to find Hermano Fernando. I know that the Lord is with us.
Anyways, on Saturday we had our first baptism in La Florida in over a year!!! It was such a special day that I will never forget. I know that Ivan was prepared. We were at his house on Thursday waiting for him to get home from school and we were talking to his mom. She told us that that day they were walking together and Ivan told her that he will finish high school when he has 17 years and when he graduates he is going to work for a year and then when he has 18 years, he's going to go on a mission. When I heard that, I felt the spirit so strong. I know we were led to Ivan and that the President was guided by the spirit to change the rule of baptizing teenagers under the age of 18. On Sunday, I had the opportunity to confirm him a member of the Church in Sacrament meeting. It was an experience that I will always remember. I am so happy.
| Elder Choque, Ivan, Ward Member, Elder Johnson |
I have honestly been so humbled by the tender mercies of the Lord. I know that I am here in this area for a reason--to find the people that the Lord has prepared.
I'm so blessed to be on a mission. I'm so pumped to hear from the living prophets this weekend. I invite all of you to prepare spiritually to hear the words of the prophets. They are called of God. As you prepare, you will receive answers to your prayers through their messages. I hope and pray that all of you have a good week. I love you guys!
| "Beverly Hills" |
| "Beverly Hills" |
Elder Johnson
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.