Monday, September 5, 2016

Last Week of This Change

Hello everybody!  What a blessing it is to hear from all of you today!  I hope that all of you had a good week and that all of you guys are happy.  Wow, I am amazed at how fast time goes.  It is unreal.  I feel like we just started this change and here we are going into the last week of the change.  I'm honestly pretty sad, I feel like I'm going to be leaving this area and I don't want to.  I have so many good friends here that I don't want to leave, but we will see, hopefully I'll have another change!

One of my best bros, Elder Benitez, got called as the new assistant.  I'm sad that he's leaving, but I'm hyped for him.  He is a good missionary and I learned a lot from him in my time here in this zone.

As for my week, I had a good week.  We had a lesson with Lucy on Friday and she told us that she received an answer that this church is true!  She told us and started crying that she is doing some things that she has to stop doing before she can make that covenant with God.  It's good and bad news.  I really want to be here when she gets baptized!!  We have literally been working with her my whole time here in La Florida.

We had a lesson with a dude named Ramos this week.  He is going to progress so much.  We contacted him the other day.  We were walking on the street and we saw him reading his bible.  We stopped and talked to him and had a couple visits with him.  We had a lesson with him on Saturday and it was powerful.  At the beginning we asked what we could pray for for him in the prayer and he said, "that I will have the ability to have more knowledge about the gospel of Jesus Christ." Right when he said that, I felt the spirit.  I know we were an answer to his prayer.  I know that God prepares people to hear His gospel.  We taught him the restoration and how the priesthood authority is restored to the earth.

In this lesson, I was so humbled to have a knowledge of this gospel.  I know that so many people are searching for the truth and what their purpose is here on the earth.  I know that this church is true.  I know that this gospel is the key to happiness in this life.  I'm so thankful for my mission and the opportunity I have been blessed with to be able to serve my Savior, Jesus Christ.  I know He lives.  I know this is the work of the Lord and we all have the opportunity to be part of it.  What a blessing that is!  I invite all of you to take advantage of it.  Be an example and share it with everybody.

I hope that all of you have a good week!  I love you guys so much.  Thanks for all of the love and support that you give to me.  I pray for you everyday!  I'll talk to you next week.

Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.