Ho, ho, come forth, and flee from the land of the north, saith the Lord, for I have spread you abroad as the four winds of the heaven, saith the Lord. Zechariah 2:6
Ho, ho, hOOOH MY GOSH! Santa Claus is coming to town! WHOOOOO! I can't believe that this Sunday is Christmas. This Christmas season has definitely been different because I went from going penguin status in tons of snow straight into el horno de afliccion ha ha ha. It's super hot here and the Peruvian people don't get too hyped about the holidays, but aside from the atmosphere, this Christmas season has been super special. I have really been able to focus on our Savior, Jesus Christ. Not only His birth, but His infinite atonement, which is the greatest gift that any of us will ever receive in our lives.
I have really learned as we come to understand the atonement, we find ourselves more focused on other people and serving them. I'm so thankful for the atonement and the change that has taken place in me as I have been here on my mission. I have a testimony of the atonement and of Jesus Christ that I could never deny. To me that is the greatest gift I will ever receive.
I want to share my favorite quote with you which has been my main focus this Christmas season:
"The key to our greatness is to remember our nothingness without Christ and His atonement."
I hope that this quote has the same impact on you as it has on me. I know I am nothing without Christ and His atonement. I know that through humility and recognizing our nothingness without Christ, we will more fully understand the atonement and be greater instruments in the hands of the Lord to bring others unto the Lord, Jesus Christ.
Anyways, this is all I've got for today! I am so excited to talk to you guys on Sunday. I can't even imagine talking to my family and hearing their voices, ha! I'm so thankful for my family. I know that this experience being away from them has really made me recognize how blessed I am to have the family I have. I'm soooo hyped to talk to you guys on Skype. NOS VEMOS EN DOMINGO! LOS AMO BASTANTE!
Feliz Navidad
Elder Johnson
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.