Monday, December 12, 2016

I Had a Really Good Week

Hello everybody!  I hope and pray that all of you had a good week.  I had a really good week this week.  I had some really spiritual experiences that I want to share with you.  To start out, last change, I remember I started to pray for the opportunity to train a new missionary.  I began to pray for the missionaries in the CCM and I was trying to make changes in the way I do things so that I could be prepared.  Anyways, I got the call on Sunday to be a trainer and on Tuesday before we went to meet the new missionaries, we had a training with President Rios and the assistants.  In this training, President explained to us the process of how he makes changes and assignments in the mission.  He said about three weeks before the change ends, he looks at all of the missionaries and where they are at on the map of the mission and starts to make changes.  He then kneels down and asks for the guidance of the Lord.  As he explained this process to us, I felt the spirit so strongly.  The spirit confirmed to me again, that the Lord truly guides this work, that the Lord truly listens and answers our prayers and He knows all of us so individually and perfectly.

After that training, we went and met our new companions.  My companion is Elder Luna from Argentina.  I'm super pumped to be with him and to learn from this experience.  This week has been a little stressful because before there were four missionaries here but President closed the other area so now we're alone in this enormous area and I still don't know it that well!  It has been a humbling experience.  I know that through faith and diligence we will get the job done.

In closing, I want to tell you about one of our investigators named Karina Reyes.  She is from Piura and five years ago while she was there, she took the discussions from the missionaries.  She has family members and friends who are members and has always looked up to their examples.  About a month ago, we received a reference to contact her and have been teaching her and she is starting to gain a testimony.  She has told us that when she listens to this message she feels peace and happy.  I know she has received a witness and a testimony that these things are true.  We have her to be baptized on the 7th of January, but the problema is that she is a single mother of three boys and she works on Sundays and can't go to church.  My invitation to all of you is that you could keep her in your prayers that she can make the decision to be baptized!

That's all I have for this week.  I love and miss all of you so much.  I pray that you all have a good and safe week!  I love you!

Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.