Monday, December 5, 2016

"I'm so happy, Mom"

Good afternoon, everybody!  I hope that all of you had a good week.  I hope you are finding ways to serve others during this Christmas season.  It is amazing what service does to us if we do it with love and with all of our heart.  We constantly progress spiritually as we are in the service of our fellow men.  What a great opportunity we have this Christmas season to reflect on the selfless life of Jesus Christ and to forget about ourselves and serve/give to others.

Something I have recognized since I have been on my mission is how caught up I was in worldly things and how temporal and insignificant they truly are.  Worldly things are such strong tools that Satan uses to distract us from things that have eternal blessings-consequences.  Don't focus this year on getting and receiving, focus on serving and helping others out because that is what this time of year is all about.

I had a good week.  We have been focusing on working with the members and gaining their trust so that we can involve them more in the work.  It has been a good learning experience for me to see how important every member of the church is in the missionary work.  They have strong testimonies that can help other people in so many ways, but sometimes they put limitations on themselves and don't take advantage of what they're capable of.  We had a lesson this week with a lady named Karina Reyes.  Our mission leader who has been a member for about two years came with us and shared his testimony about the church.  He said that at one point in his life he was going through a hard time and he prayed to get help.  He prayed to have the guidance of the Savior as he was going through this challenge.  The next day he was walking and came in contact with two missionaries and told him that they had a message about Jesus Christ that could bless his life.  He took the discussions and was later baptized because he received a confirmation from the spirit that this message was true.  After he shared his testimony, Karina said to us that there is no way that we are teaching her by coincidence.  She was able to recognize that she has had some of the same feelings that our mission leader, Victor, had and every time she talks with us she tells us that she feels a peace and tranquilidad.

I have learned so much from that experience.  I know that this work is the work of the Lord and He works through every single member.  Trust in the Lord.  Trust in your own testimonies and share them often.

Anyways, this change here with Elder Juarez has come to an end.  I have been called by the Lord to train a new missionary.  I know that I have been prepared for this assignment to learn and grow spiritually.  I'm thankful for the experience I had to be here with Elder Juarez.  I learned a lot from him and that has made me a better person.  He has been a huge example to me of humility, working diligently and patience.  I know that from his example I have become a better missionary.

I hope and pray that you all have a good week and pray for and look for opportunities to serve others.  Share your testimony often and I promise you all that you will grow spiritually, you will find answers to questions in your life and you will be more receptive to the promptings of the spirit.  I love you all and pray you have a safe week.

Elder Johnson's "Hood"


Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.