Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Valuable Lessons

What's up, everybody!  I hope that you all had a good week.  I had a good week.  It was a pretty uneventful week in the work, but as always there were a lot of valuable lessons that I learned.

I came across a quote by CS Lewis that has really been on my mind lately.  The quotes says, "We can say that we believe in Christ as we believe in the sun at noon day, not that we can see it, but by it we can see everything else."  I love that so much because Christ is the light and the life of the world.  As I have pondered on this, a scripture in Alma comes to mind that says, "But God ceaseth not to be God, and mercy claimeth the penitent, and mercy cometh because of the atonement, and the atonement bringeth to pass the resurrection of the dead..."

I have pondered on this scripture because I know that it is through repentance that we receive the mercy, light and truth of Jesus Christ in our lives.  I know the He lives and the He is our Redeemer.  I treasure the sacred testimony that I possess of this eternal truth.  I invite you all to apply the Atonement more fully in your lives so that you can see all things through Christ.  I love Him and know that His light conquers the darkest and lowest times of our lives.

I love you guys and hope and pray that you have a safe and spiritually filled week.

Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.