Hey everybody, I hope you all had a good week. My week was awesome. I got my new companion, his name is Elder Chova and is from Bolivia Santa Cruz. He is 25 years old and we are out here mobbing. There is definitely a difference between a 18 and a 25 year old ha ha! He is super mature and I have found that it helps us work a lot more diligently. He is a stud though. I feel bad though, while he was in the MTC, his mom passed away so straight out of the gate he has to rely so firmly on the Atonement of Christ. It is difficult, but I admire him and am learning a lot.
Unfortunately, I don't have pictures today. I don't have a cord for my camera but next week, I will hit it up! Anyways, I actually had an awesome experience on Tuesday when I went to Trujillo to pick up my new companion. In the morning, we had a little training with Presidente Rios and the assistants and after we went and ate lunch in this rich part of town in Californa. To my surprise, I found two GRINGAZOS! I found two American dudes eating there and so I took advantage of the opportunity and contacted them. I can honestly say that I sounded absolutely ridiculous trying to testify and teach in English, ha ha, but I am confident that the Spirit was there. I talked to these two guys, Spencer and Joe and they happened to be missionaries for a Christian church. I testified to them about the Book of Mormon. I just explained what the Book of Mormon is and testified of its truth and how it would bless their lives. They seemed to be super interested and had a bunch of basic questions that the church and Book of Mormon has answers to. So, long story short, I was able to answer all of their questions and before I had to go, Joe said to me, "I don't want to offend you, but I know that the Book of Mormon isn't true and that all that we need to know is the Bible, but I would like to say a prayer right now and ask God to manifest it's truth to us....so he offered a prayer and I left but after that I just thought about that experience---I thought to myself, how could he possibly say that the Book of Mormon isn't true, if he hasn't ever attempted to read it? How could he say that HE KNOWS! I learned a great lesson that day. We have a gift and that gift is the spirit that can manifest ALL truth. We can have an experience with a celestial being that manifests all truth known to mankind. I know the Book of Mormon is true. I KNOW because the Spirit has manifested it to me. I invite you all to read the Book of Mormon and act on the celestial invitation in the introduction. I know if we apply the steps to obtain a testimony and if we humble ourselves we WILL receive a testimony.
My testimony is the biggest blessing and will bless my life forever. I love the gospel and the blessing I have to invite others to come unto Christ.
I love you guys and hope that you have a good week and remember PORQUE YO CREO EN TI, VAMOS VAMOS PERU! (Peru is playing to go to the World Cup this week)
Elder Johnson
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.