Como esta mi famlia y amigos!! I hope everyone had a good week. I had a pretty good week. I love being a missionary. I literally don't even know how to put it into words. The mission at times is very challenging, but it's also very rewarding and it's the best blessing.
As for the work, pretty slow. Our area has been super slow my whole time here. This week all of our appointments failed with our investigators, but we're hoping everything goes as planned this week. I'm confident. I think things will go up from here. Sunday was Fast Sunday and one of the menos activos who we have been working with got up and bore his testimony. The spirit was so strong. His name is Edwin and he has some Word of Wisdom problems and he's getting everything back together. We've been working with him ever since I got to Chimbote and he's changing so much. For his job, he sells bread on the corner and he brings his speaker out and just blasts church music ha ha. He's a G. It was good to see him. I'm confident he will keep progressing.
Anyways, today I finished the Book of Mormon for the first time since I have been on the mission. I testify that this book is true. I know that if we read with real intent, the truth will be made known unto us. We have been promised that. I'm so thankful we have the truth. I love being a missionary. I love it more than anything. I love being able to testify every single day of my Savior. I'm here because I love my Father in Heaven and Jesus Christ and because I have been blessed to know what I know and to have what I have, I will go where He wants me to go. I love this church. I testify that this is the way to have true happiness and if you're at a low spot in life, the Savior has been there and He can lift you up and you can have everything that He has to offer. You're never too late or too far away. I testify of this challenge everyone to read with real intent and be willing to change. I love you guys! Have a good week!
Con amor,
Elder Johnson
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.