Monday, May 23, 2016

I'm Grateful for My Testimony

Hola familia y amigos!  This week went so fast!  I feel like I am emailing you guys every single day!!  I'm so thankful for the opportunity I have to tell you about my experience.  There isn't anything like the mission.  So many really difficult times and also some awesome experiences that help build your testimony.  That is what I want to talk to you about today.  Testimony and how lucky you are to have what you have.

This week was a pretty slow week in the work.  We are trying to work a lot with the members and get them involved.  It is a process, but I know that it's what the Lord wants us to do right now.  Our area hasn't seen a baptism in over 6 months, so we are trying to make some changes.  This is what we feel we need to do.  In the lessons that we have had with investigators I have really got thinking about my testimony and how grateful I am for it.

I listened to the talk this week called, Keep the Commandments, I believe by President Monson.  It's when he announced the new apostles.  I want to invite all of you guys to read or listen to that talk.  It strengthened my testimony this week.  I know that it will do the same to yours.  I know right now that this world is jacked up, it is confused and like my dad told me today--the signs are clearer now than they have ever been that these are the last days.  I challenge you guys to do your part.  Do a little more.  I know that a testimony is necessary to have.  We have what everyone is looking for.

I know this church is true.  I know it with everything that I have.  I'm so thankful for this opportunity I have to represent Jesus Christ, my family and my friends.  I'm thankful for the opportunity I have to testify every single day.  I know that when we do the little things, our testimonies are strengthed.  This is my invitation , do a little more.  Pray and read everyday and I know you will be blessed.  I love you all and hope you all have a good week!

This is a picture of a family when I was in the Lima Airport.  My ticket worked and I went through the gate, but Elder Martinez' didn't so he had to go get a new one.  There is power in companionships.  I immediately said a prayer because I couldn't go back through the gate.  He was gone for 15 minutes while I was waiting alone.  He came back with a member family and a priesthood holder.  Pretty awesome.  Proof prayers are answered!



Love,
Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.