Monday, May 29, 2017

Getting Things Going in Viru

What's up everybody?  I hope that you all had a good week. I had a good week runnin' the town here in Viru with my new companion, Elder Arevalo.  He is a beast.  I'm still a little bit lost in this area because I only have four weeks here and I already have to lead it and teach my companion where everything is.  We are here for a reason and the Lord will guide us.  We have basically had to start from the bottom and work a ton with the members.  That is something that I have really been able to learn on my mission--that the members are everything!  When we use all of the tools that the Lord has provided for us, we are always a lot more effective and powerful as well.  I will hit you all up with a bigger email next week.  I love you guys and hope that you have a good week.


Capilla abierta (Open chapel)

Fish he ate

Elder Arevalo

Fridge is stocked with Inca Kola (Tanner's favorite)




Elder Johnson


Elder Johnson sent an email to his baseball coach, Alex Hansen last week:

Kaden playing in the Varsity game on Senior Night


May 15, 2017
COACH!
How is it going?  I just wanted to write you really quick and thank you for giving my brother the experience of his life.  As I talked to my family yesterday, that was the first thing that Kaden told me. It truly meant everything to him and I want to thank you for giving him that opportunity.

I also want to thank you for everything that you did for me and taught me during my baseball career. It is amazing to see how much I really learned from sports that I have been able to apply in the service of the Lord.  I know that this gospel is true.  I love my mission.  I love the hard experiences and all of the amazing happy experiences.  It has changed my life.  I hope that everything is going well with your family.  Please send my love and prayers to them.

Thanks again, Coach!  You are the man!

May 17, 2017
Thanks so much and great to hear from you.  Hope all is well with the mission, it sounds like things are going great.  You have always been one of my favorite players and it is great to hear that life is treating you well.

For me, seeing Kaden play in that game was one of the highlights of the year.  It seemed like he was loving it and I was very happy to have a small part in making that happen.

Keep up the good work and may you be blessed for your efforts!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.