Monday, May 22, 2017

This Is the Way

What's up, everybody?  I hope that you all had a good week.  I had a great week and was able to strengthen my testimony in a lot of ways.  To start out, we had changes again yesterday.  My comp, Elder Ochoa is bouncing to Chimbote!  My new companion's name is Elder Arevalo.  He is from the Jungle in Peru.  I met him when I was in my first area in Chimbote so we will get some work done.  I am really thankful for the short time that I had with Elder Ochoa.  He is the man and taught me so much that has allowed me to get to another level spiritually.

So, this week, I have been humbled by the power of the Book of Mormon and how important it is to have a live and fresh testimony of it so that we can continue through this life with all of the blessings from the fullness of this gospel.  A testimony of the Book of Mormon is a gift that we CAN'T take for granted.  Once we have a testimony, it is necessary that we nourish it and not only read it, but make it part of our lives and apply it's teachings in our life.  I testify that the fullness of the gospel is found inside the Book of Mormon and by making it a part of our lives, we will be heaven's light to those who are in need.

As a missionary, I am saddened to see those who I teach and talk to, reject the Book of Mormon and honestly it makes me even sadder to see someone who has it in their life and then come down to someone's level who doesn't have it in their life.  Yesterday, I had an experience where someone was telling me that it is impossible that the Book of Mormon was true.  He was asking me a ton of questions and was throwing in some daggers while he was at it.  I'm thankful for the testimony that I had in that time to testify of its truth and I know if I didn't make the Book of Mormon a part of my life, everyday, he absolutely would not have been able to feel the spirit that I know he felt.

I testify that in the Book of Mormon we find the fullness of the gospel.  This is the way.  This is the way that the prophets of old taught.  This is the way that prophets gave their lives for and we are blessed to have the opportunity to know and feel of its truth and power.  I promise you all that if you make it part of your life and pray to have a confirmation of the things that you read, God will manifest himself unto you.

I love you guys and hope that you have a good week!

Elder Johnson

A few pictures we found on the mission blog from Multizone Conference recently






No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.