Hey everybody! I had a good week this week. I had a lot of cool experiences that testified to me that we truly are guided by the spirit and that the spirit is who teaches people the truth of all things. In my short time that I have been here in Viru, I have found that the people are very bold with their beliefs. Everyone says that there is one God and we all serve Him and they don't have time to hear what we have to say. Honestly, that is one of the saddest things to me. If only they knew how much we pray to be guided by the spirit to this people and when they reject us they don't know the change that they could have in their lives.
Earlier this week, my companion, Elder Ochoa, and I were walking and we found this lady sitting outside of her house so we went up and talked to her. We talked to her for a while and then got her to accept us for about five minutes to share a message with her. She let us in, we shared a quick message and truly I know that the spirit was present. In that short time that we were blessed with, we were able to create an environment filled with love and the spirit. As we started asking her questions, she was like, you know what--I respect you guys and what you do, but there is no way that I can accept Joseph Smith and your beliefs and she said that she will never change. Honestly, I have heard people say that to my face a million times, but it had never hurt as bad as it did. I learned a great lesson from that. I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet. He did more for the world than any other human being aside from Jesus Christ. I know that he took his testimony with him to his death. Through experiences getting rejected, I have strengthened my testimony of Jesus Christ and all the servants of him that there has ever been or ever will be. There hasn't been one that hasn't been rejected or mocked and I know that through these experiences it is an opportunity to be strengthened to keep going and reflect on our Savior, Jesus Christ.
On another note, yesterday, I had one of the most spiritual experiences teaching about 3 Nephi 11. We have an investigator named Angel and his family. We read this chapter with them and I honestly have never felt the spirit so strong in this chapter before. We testified of everything and applied to the lives of their family and how it can bless them. As we said that, he said that we are angels and that he knows that these things are true. It was a humbling experience. I am so thankful for my calling. There is nothing on the plant that beats it. There is nothing better than representing my Savior, Jesus Christ and being able to promise blessings to my brothers and sisters. I know this church is true.
I love you guys and hope that you all have a good week!
Elder Johnson
En espanol a Denise:
Mama! Me parece que tuvo una buena semana. Que loco que hablaremos otra vez por skype el domingo! LOCAZO! El tiempo pasa tan rapido, la verdad no lo puedo creer aveces! Jaja pero estoy bien animado para verles y hablar la mejor familia.
Estoy feliz por escuchar que todos estan recibiendo sus llamamientos! Bueno ma le amo muchisimo, creo que les voy a llamar a las 7 el dia domingo, estaria bien?
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.